Saturday, June 4, 2011
Friday, June 3, 2011
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
1. i am not perfect and i will not try to be.think of how many things don’t get done in this world simply because people are waiting for the perfect time, place and circumstance.the real world doesn’t reward perfectionists. it rewards people who get things done. and the only way to get things done is to be imperfect 99% of the time.
2. i cannot, and will not try, to please everyone.i, above anyone else, need to take this advice. i try so hard to do so much for so many people, i end up crashing and hurting everyone involved. brandon boyd once wrote in his book, "someone will inevitably find something wrong in almost everything". we must remember that it doesn’t matter how many people don’t get it, it matters how many people do.3. i will take part in something i believe in.to really find meaning and happiness in life, you must think less about yourself and more about what you believe in. some of the happiest, proudest moments of my life was when i felt apart of the bigger idea and beliefs i value. almost without fail, when we join efforts and become apart of a larger community, our selfish little minds begin to see the greater value of who we are.this picture was from when i was president of the student peace alliance of idaho. this was our peace walk, we raised a lot of money and had the best time, and i felt like i was really making a difference.
4. i will prioritize my obligations and do important things first.action expresses priorities, so what you do really does matter. as marc says, "it’s the only way to turn a dream into a reality".
5. i will choose my friends wisely.my mom always tells me, your best friend brings out the best in you. and i finally understand what she's saying. the people you surround yourself with are the people who inevitably shape who you will become. if you settle for a hurtful, manipulative group of friends, how can you not become that? understand that to become better, you must be around people who inspire you.
6. i will help others when i am able.this commandment really hits home for me. i pride myself in being there for people who need me, but i need to make sure i will when i'm able. otherwise, nothing will get done for both of us.
7. i will focus on the positive.your mind is capable of powerful possibilities, for both the better and worse. where your attention goes, your energy flows. i will never stop telling people that once you change how you think, you will change your life.
the way to overcome negative thoughts and destructive emotions is to develop opposing, positive emotions that are stronger and more powerful. listen to your self-talk and replace negative thoughts with positive ones. regardless of how a situation seems, focus on the next positive step forward.
8. i can only be me.judy garland once said, “always be a first rate version of yourself instead of a second rate version of somebody else.” live by this statement.there is no such thing as living in someone else’s shoes. the only shoes you can occupy are your own. if you aren’t being yourself, you aren’t truly living – you’re merely existing. and ask yourself this: if you don’t like who you really are, why should i like you?trying to be somebody you’re not is not sexy. be you. that’s when you’re beautiful.i need to start being comfortable in my own skin, including being okay with being silly.
9. i will be here now.life is happening right now. instead of dwelling on the past or worrying about the future, practice being and living in the present moment.remember, right now is the only moment guaranteed to you. right now is life. don’t miss it.
10. life never gets any better, only my perception of it does.the world around you changes when you change.if you awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your life today, and you pay close attention, you’ll often find that you’re right. the opposite is also true. the choice is yours to make.
this is a big list of ideas that can and will change how you live your life.. good luck babes. :) (i wrote these down, they're in my wallet so i can remind myself what to focus on.)
source: Marc and Angel (http://www.marcandangel.com/)
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs:
- Respect for self
- Respect for others
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.