Monday, August 29, 2011

an idea to keep in mind during the school semester.


1. Out of clutter, find simplicity.

2. From discord, find harmony.


3. In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity.

- Albert Einstein, The Three Rules of Work


One of my favorite quotes from Einstein is "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer." It sounds so simple, but his point is so much more dynamic than we think. I was thinking about what he meant when he said this, and realized you can exchange the word "smart" for almost anything that you are. For example, I wrote down these statements in my journal: "it's not that I am so compassionateit's just that I stay with other people's feelings longer." or, "it's not that i am so determined, it's just that I stay with my goals longer", "it's not that i am so idealistic, it's just that I stay with my potential longer." The key to Einstein's statement is how he gives the situation more time and thought than others. So often, we give up or forfeit on the things in our lives that give us the most trouble, but we fail to realize the amazing people we will become or the potential we will reach if we just stay,  a bit longer.

The only tool you'll need to become the person you want, with the traits you admire, is the simple practice of patience. That includes being patient with yourself, and understanding what you do and why you do it. 

I hope you all can start eliminating negative self talk, negative focusing, and doubts about anything you're facing and feel enlightened by the fact you can achieve what you want, if you give yourself a little more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment